Home > Help Center
Welcome to our Help Center. Here you will quickly find answers to our most commonly asked questions. If you can't find the answer you are looking for, you can submit your question and receive a personalized reply via email within 1 business day.
I have a Fellowes Shredder that has jammed. How do I unjam my shredder?
- Ensure the wastebasket is empty then move power switch to the REVERSE position. This will reverse the jammed paper out of the shredder.
- If shredder jams again, alternate control switch slowly between REVERSE and AUTO (l) positions to attempt to move jammed paper completely through the shredder.
- If the shredder jams in reverse mode, move the switch to AUTO (l), depress the manual forward button located on the center of the shredder head and allow to run for five seconds.
- If jam does not clear, move switch to REVERSE again and allow to run for five seconds. Repeat this process until jam is cleared.
- If necessary, turn off shredder and use care to grasp the paper and carefully pull out to clear jam.
- Once cleared, move switch to AUTO (l) to continue shredding.
- The jamming may be happening because the cutting cylinder needs to be oiled.